HOW LONG DOES YOUR HOOKAH LAST?
It’s definitely something we get asked relatively consistently so we’re here to help do our best to answer it!
If we had to put a number on it, the average hookah session lasts approximately 45 minutes to one hour. There are so many different factors at play when preparing a hookah that can change how long your hookah will smoke for. These factors include:
- The bowl (referred to as the “head”) plays a large part in how long your session will last. Bowls come in all different sizes and styles, First things first, does size matter? YES. The size of your hookah bowl can absolutely determine how long you’re able to smoke for. Generally speaking, a smaller bowl will hold less shisha tobacco while a bigger bowl will hold more.
- The shisha tobacco: When looking at the different types of shisha tobacco, there are two main types to consider: blonde leaf shisha and dark leaf shisha.
- “Blonde leaf” tobacco is a term used to describe brands such as Starbuzz, When packing blonde leaf shisha, you will always want to make sure the tobacco is just sprinkled in the bowl and not packed down tight. You will want it to be “fluffy” and leave plenty of room in between the leaves to allow for air to pass through and allow the shisha to be completely cooked.
- Dark leaves are cut finer and thinner, also require tighter packing method than blonde leafs
- Heat management: With charcoal, the two main options for styles are the “quick lighting” charcoal which tends to be lower in heat and ash more quickly and the “natural” charcoal are typically made of compressed coconut shell and put out a higher amount of heat than their quick light counterparts. They also do not ash as quickly, so the charcoal itself will end up lasting a little longer.
VIEW OUR COLLECTIONS IN THE VIDEO RIGHT NOW